Set up your seller account
Before you start selling, you'll need an eBay account. If you don't already have one, you'll need to register. You can choose between a personal or business account.
If you plan to sell casually, like selling items you no longer need or want, a personal account is the best option. Pick a business account if you want to sell large quantities, or have items that you've made or bought to resell.
To create an eBay account:
- Go to the Registration - opens in new window or tab page.
- Select Personal account or Business account.
- Enter the required details and select Register.
To get a listing up in minutes and upload photos straight from your device, use our mobile app.
Once you've registered, you can start selling by:
- Selecting Sell at the top of any eBay page or going to Sell your item - opens in new window or tab.
- Creating a listing for the item you'd like to sell.
- Confirming your details and adding an automatic payment method for any eBay fees.
You may also be asked to verify your identity to keep your account secure – this could be through providing a credit card or telephone number.
Visit our Seller Center for more help with selling for the first time - opens in new window or tab.
Seller news and updates
We're making some changes to the selling experience to help maximize your profits and give your buyers more reasons to shop on eBay.
For the latest updates, read our Seller Center news - opens in new window or tab.