When you offer international shipping in your listings, your items are automatically available to buyers outside the United States.
You can either offer international shipping or list directly on supported international sites. An additional international fee may apply.
How to sell internationally
Before you can sell internationally, you'll need to:
- Have an eBay account in good standing
- Have earned at least 10 feedback points as a seller
- Have made your first successful sale more than 90 days ago
- Post in an eligible category. Ineligible categories for international sales include Video Games, Movies & TV, Hunting knives, Auto parts, and Vehicles
- Offering shipping to the United Kingdom, Europe, or worldwide. Specifying shipping service to these areas is highly recommended, since listings without specified shipping may be moved to the bottom of Best Match search results
When you sell to overseas buyers, you need to comply with laws in both your country and theirs. Your items must meet the selling and eligibility requirements for the eBay site in each country where you sell.
Here's how to add international shipping to your listings:
- On your listing, choose Show international services and options and select Save.
- Choose Flat Rate or Calculated. A flat rate means you choose a shipping cost. Calculated shipping is determined by the buyer's location using US Postal Service pricing.
- Select the countries you'll ship to from Destination, and choose your preferred shipping carrier from Service.
We may ask you to sign an International Selling Agreement acknowledging that items sold to buyers on other eBay sites are subject to the policies of those sites. Be sure to familiarize yourself with listing and buyer protection policies on the eBay sites where you sell.
Choosing where to ship to
You can choose the countries you want to ship to in different ways:
- On an item-by-item basis: Whenever you list an item, select international shipping locations on the listing form. You can choose worldwide or select particular regions or countries
- As a standard rule: You can specify regions or countries you don't want to ship to in Shipping preferences - opens in new window or tab. These rules will apply to any future listings you create
Receiving payments from international buyers
If the buyer pays in a different currency, the payment will be converted to the currency of your payouts. As currency values can change, it’s important to note that the currency exchange rate will be captured at the time of sale and can be viewed in the order details. This exchange rate will apply in the event of a refund.
When you ship internationally, an additional international fee applies.
eBay's transaction fees will be deducted in the buyer’s payment currency, before being converted to your payout currency. If you receive a fee credit, it will be converted from your buyer’s payment currency to your payout currency. See our fees article for more information on the currency conversion charge.
International site visibility and fees
International site visibility is an optional upgrade that ensures your eBay.com listings are visible in top-level search results on other eBay sites. Currently, international site visibility is only supported by the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada sites, but we're working on further expansion.
There is a small, separate fee for each site you choose for this upgrade, so you have complete control over where you want your listings to appear. These fees aren't refundable unless your listing doesn't meet the other country's requirements.
For more information on fees, see our article on selling fees.
Reaching Canadian buyers
Listings created on eBay.com that offer shipping to Canada, North America, or worldwide automatically show up in the default search results on eBay.ca at no extra charge. You don't need to use the international search visibility feature if you offer shipping to these locations.
eBay International Shipping
eBay International Shipping helps you to reach buyers in over 200 countries without the need to manage overseas shipping, customs, returns or refunds. There's also no international selling fee when you use eBay International Shipping. Find out more about eBay International Shipping.