When you print a shipping label on eBay, our negotiated rates let you save money relative to what you would pay at the post office or to a carrier for most services, and you'll save time by not having to stand in line. The cost of the label is then charged to your invoice, PayPal account, or Processing funds if you're a managed payments seller.
Here are a few more benefits of using our labels:
- You don't need a special printer or adhesive labels—just print your label on normal printer paper and tape it to the package
- It's easy to add services such as Signature on Delivery
- Your parcel's tracking information is uploaded automatically
- You can add the order number or other custom text to your label
- FedEx and UPS shipping label charges will be invoiced on your monthly eBay invoice
- USPS shipping label charges will be pulled from your PayPal account. You must have a PayPal account to choose this option. To fund your USPS label, you can either link a bank account or credit card to the PayPal account or use your PayPal balance
If you're a managed payments seller, you can use your Processing funds to pay for USPS shipping labels. When you print a shipping label, you have the option to select your payment method.
If you're shipping internationally, you can ship your package domestically to a Global Shipping Center and we'll handle the rest through our Global Shipping Program.
How to create and print a shipping label
It's quick and easy to create and print shipping labels for FedEx, UPS, or USPS. If you'd like to use UPS, you need to sign up for a free account with the UPS Savings Program for eBay Sellers - opens in new window or tab.
How to print a shipping label through My eBay
- Go to My eBay and then Sold.
- Beside the item you want to ship, select Print shipping label.
- Double check that both your address and the buyer's are correct. To edit the Ship to or Ship from address, select Edit underneath the address.
- Enter the package details, such as type, weight, and dimensions.
- Choose your mailing date from the Ship on dropdown menu.
- Select your preferred shipping service, and choose any additional services you want to add (fees may apply for these).
- Review your shipping costs, then select Purchase and print label and follow the steps shown to print your label.
- After printing your label, if you want to create and print a packing slip, select Open package slip.
How to print a shipping label through Seller Hub
- Go to the Orders tab in Seller Hub.
- Beside the item you want to ship, select Print shipping label.
- Choose Print Shipping Label.
- Fill out the shipping label information, ensuring all addresses are correct.
- Select Purchase and print label.
How to print labels for multiple orders at once:
- From the Seller Hub Orders tab, check the boxes beside the orders you want to ship (two or more).
- Then, from the Shipping dropdown, select Print Shipping Labels or invoices.
- This will take you to the bulk shipping tool - opens in new window or tab where you can edit details of individual orders. For example, dispatch options, delivery addresses, shipping providers, and whether you want signature confirmation or ShipCover insurance.
- Select Review Purchase to see the total cost of the labels.
- Select Confirm and pay.
- Select Print Labels.
Shipping an order in multiple packages
When shipping an order in multiple packages, you can print a different label for each package.
Once you've printed the label for your first package, simply select Print another label for this order from the label confirmation page. You can then enter the weight and dimensions for the next package.
Each additional label you print will have its own tracking number and will be charged separately, based on the package weight and dimensions you entered.
How to reprint a shipping label
You can reprint your shipping label at no extra cost within 24 hours of purchasing it. Simply go to Manage shipping labels - opens in new window or tab and select Reprint.
How to void a shipping label
How long you have to void a shipping label depends on the shipping service you used.
- USPS: You have 5 days to void a USPS shipping label that you printed on eBay, and it can take up to 21 days for USPS to approve or reject the refund. If it's approved, you'll receive an email that you have been refunded
- UPS: You have 24 hours to void a UPS label. If you don't use the label within 5 days, the label will be automatically voided and a credit will be issued to your PayPal account, monthly invoice, or UPS account, depending on how you paid for the label
- FedEx: FedEx labels can't be voided because you're not charged until the package has been delivered
Here's how to void a shipping label you printed on eBay:
- Go to Manage shipping labels - opens in new window or tab.
- Find the item you'd like to void the shipping label for, then from the Actions column, select More Actions, and then select Void.
- Choose your reason for voiding the label. If you want to, you can add a message for the buyer.
- Select Void shipping label.
How to print a packing slip and order details
A packing slip is a receipt summarizing the details of the sale. You can print one by choosing Print packing slip on the Manage shipping labels - opens in new window or tab page.
You can also print out the full order details for the item. Here's how:
- Go to My eBay and then Sold - opens in new window or tab.
- Select More Actions and then View order details.
- On the Order details page, select the printer version option, and print the page.
QR code shipping labels
If you don't have a printer at home, you can choose the QR code option where available. You'll receive a QR code which you can save to your phone. You can then scan the code at a participating drop-off location to print the shipping label there. Here's how:
- Go to Seller Hub Orders - opens in new window or tab or My eBay Sold - opens in new window or tab
- Select Print shipping label.
- Select a shipping service that says "Yes" under QR code.
- Select QR code under Shipping label format.
- Select Purchase shipping label.
- Choose if you would like to download QR code. You will also receive an email with the QR code for each label you purchase.
- Save the QR code on your device and bring it with your package to your nearest drop off location offering Print in store.
- Have the retail associate scan the QR code at the counter to print the shipping label and attach it to your package. Some self-service kiosks may also support label printing via QR code.
QR code labels are not currently available in the eBay app.