Your eBay profile is a great place to share your hobbies and interests, as well as provide information about what you're selling. However, we don't allow you to promote sales off eBay, share contact information, or include any content that could be offensive to other members.
Read our full policy
Profile policy overview
Use your profile and collections to find other members with similar interests, or to promote yourself and build trust with potential buyers and sellers.
We don't allow members to promote items that aren't allowed on eBay or sales outside of eBay in their profile or collections. We also don't allow members to include links outside of eBay. Unless otherwise stated, your profile and any collections you create must follow all listing policy guidelines.
Make sure your profile and collections follow these guidelines. If they don't, they may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
What are the guidelines?Allowed
- Using your profile to let other eBay members know who you are
- Displaying the items you're selling
- Displaying Feedback you've received
- Using collections to show other members items you like
- Telling other members what your hobbies and interests are
- Promoting the sale of items outside of eBay
- Contact information
- Including nude images
- Including profanity or offensive materials
- Including gratuitous comments about other users or listings
- Promoting services or items that are not allowed on eBay
- Violations of our other listing policies
Why does eBay have this policy?
Your profile and collections allow you to share information about yourself or your company, and your interests with other members. These pages help to promote trust and confidence with potential buyers and sellers. We don't allow members to use their profile or collections to sell merchandise outside of eBay.