In order to promote trust and respect among our diverse community of members, eBay does not allow items or content that promote or glorify hatred, violence, discrimination or intolerance based on the characteristics listed below or promote organizations that hold such views.
What is the policy?
Listings or content that promote, perpetuate or glorify hatred, violence, or discrimination, including on the grounds of race, ethnicity, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, gender and gender identity or sexual orientation, aren't allowed. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Slurs or epithets of any kind
- Slavery items, including reproductions, such as tags, shackles, documents, bills of sale, etc.
- Items with racist, anti-Semitic, or otherwise demeaning portrayals, for example through caricatures or other exaggerated features, including figurines, cartoons, housewares, historical advertisements, and golliwogs
- Black Americana items that are discriminatory
- Confederate battle flag and related items with its image
- Historical Holocaust-related and Nazi-related items, including reproductions
- Any item that is anti-Semitic or any item from after 1933 that bears a swastika
- Media identified as Nazi propaganda
- Listings that imply or promote support of, membership in, or funding of a terrorist organization
The following items may be listed:
- Media such as historical photos, magazines, books and art, provided that such material doesn't perpetuate or glorify violence, intolerance or racial stereotyping
- Items related to the Civil Rights Movement
- Stamps, letters, and envelopes displaying Nazi postmarks
- Currency issued by the Nazi Germany government, including military scripts
- Historically accurate WWII military model kits that have Nazi symbols
- Historical and religious items that bear a swastika if they are made before 1933 and are not related to Nazism
When offering shipping to other countries, make sure to first check our International trading policy to verify that the item is allowed.
Activity on eBay is required to:
- Follow all applicable laws
- Respect the rights of third parties
- Follow the eBay User Agreement
- Follow this eBay policy
If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: administratively ending listings or canceling transactions, hiding or lowering the placement of listings in search results, lowering seller rating, restricting buying or selling, forfeiture of fees, loss of buyer or seller protections, restricting access to member communication and rating tools, removing feedback, and account suspension.
Visit Seller Help - opens in new window or tab to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
We have a strict policy against hate and discrimination to ensure that our platform remains a safe, trusted and inclusive environment for our global community of buyers and sellers.