If you've got items in your shopping cart, select Proceed to checkout. You can choose to pay for some of the items or all of them at once.
If you've already bought an item, select Pay Now from your Purchase history, the item page, or the confirmation email.
Here's how to complete your transaction:
- Choose your payment method and enter any required information.
- Check your shipping address. We'll show your default address, but if you want the item sent somewhere else, select Change. You can then either select another address you've used before, or Add a new address.
- Do a final check that the item shown is the right one and select a shipping option.
- If you have an eBay coupon or discount offer, enter the redemption code and select Apply.
- Select Confirm and pay.
If you have a particular request for the seller – such as special shipping instructions or details for a custom order – select Message to seller. We'll pass the message along after you've completed your purchase.
Problems with checking out
If you see Transaction canceled when checking out, you can either try again later, or try the troubleshooting steps below.
Paying with PayPal
If you're having problems paying with PayPal, make sure that the financial information you have saved on PayPal is accurate – expired credit cards or outdated billing addresses can cause errors when trying to complete your purchase.
If you haven't made a purchase on eBay recently, and you've saved your PayPal account for a streamlined checkout experience, the authorization may not be valid any more. We suggest trying to temporarily disable this feature, then trying to complete your purchase again. Here's how to disable it:
- Log in to your PayPal - opens in new window or tab account.
- Go to Settings, then select Security, and then Permissions you've given.
- Choose eBay, and then select Remove.
- Back on eBay, go to the Account - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay.
- Select Personal information.
- Under Financial information, select the Remove option for your "Saved checkout payment method".
Try to complete your purchase again, using PayPal if you wish. While paying for your item, you'll be able to reselect PayPal as your preferred payment method for future purchases.
If you've tried the steps above and are still experiencing difficulties completing your purchase, you'll need to contact PayPal - opens in new window or tab for further assistance.
Paying with another method
If you're having trouble paying with another method, such as credit or debit card, make sure to check your details are all correct. Your card number, billing address, or expiration date being incorrect can cause errors at checkout.
If you see the error message "We couldn't verify your card. Please select a payment option to continue" check that the billing address you have supplied matches the address you have provided for the card you’re using. If this doesn't solve the problem, try entering a different payment method, such as PayPal, or a different credit/debit card.
If you see the error message "We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details" recheck all the payment information you have entered. If this doesn’t solve the problem, try a different payment method (PayPal, or another credit/debit card).
If you’ve tried paying with a credit or debit card in PayPal Wallet, the credit or debit card used will be removed and payment will default to another PayPal source. If you have no other payment methods on file, you’ll need to "Continue to PayPal" to add card details.
If all your details are correct, and you’re still receiving an error, please contact us.