To pay with PayPal, select PayPal as your payment method at checkout and enter your account information. If you'd like us to save your details for next time, select the Remember me box.
If you don't have a PayPal account, you can sign up on the PayPal site or by selecting the button below:Sign up for a PayPal account - opens in new window or tab
Learn more about paying with PayPal in our Accepted payments policy.
Need help paying with PayPal - opens in new window or tab? Contact them directly by selecting Help on the bottom of any PayPal page.
How to link PayPal and eBay accounts
When you link your PayPal account to your eBay account, you don't have to enter your PayPal account information each time you pay.
Here's how to link your accounts:
- Go to Account - opens in new window or tab in My eBay.
- Select the PayPal Account section.
- Select Link My PayPal account.
- Sign in to PayPal to complete the process.
You can only link one PayPal account to your eBay account at a time. If you need to unlink your accounts, follow the steps above and select the Unlink accounts link in the PayPal Account section of My eBay.
How to change the PayPal account you use on eBay
To use a different PayPal account on eBay, go to Account - opens in new window or tab in My eBay, select PayPal Account. Follow the links to take you to PayPal to update your information.
You can also select the Change link when choosing PayPal as your payment method at checkout.
Problems paying with PayPal on eBay
If you have an issue paying with PayPal, contact your seller first to let them know there could be a delay in payment. If the following troubleshooting tips don't resolve the problem, contact PayPal - opens in new window or tab directly to find a solution.
- Go to your PayPal account and check your payment details are saved correctly
- Try choosing a different payment method in your PayPal account, or if that doesn't help, contact PayPal - opens in new window or tab
- If you're using an older web browser that's not secure enough to make payments or manage your payment methods, try updating your browser or clearing the cache and cookies on your device. See our Technical Issues policy for more information
If your payment is shown as pending in your PayPal account, the seller hasn't accepted the payment yet. Contact your seller and PayPal customer service for more information.
How to buy on eBay without using PayPal
If you don't have a PayPal account, check if the seller offers other payment options before you complete your purchase. Many sellers also accept credit and debit cards, and some sellers accept Apple Pay and Google Pay.