You can pay for your items with Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, and American Express on eBay. Keep in mind that some sellers may accept some but not all of these. Some sellers also accept Google Pay and Apple Pay (on mobile). Each listing shows which payment methods a seller accepts, and you can always contact the seller if you have questions.
How to pay with a credit or debit card
- Select Credit or debit card on the checkout page, and enter your card details. We secure your card and don’t share your card details with the seller.
- Select Remember this card for future orders if you’d like us to save the card details.
- Review your order, including shipping.
- Select Confirm and pay.
When you’re buying an item on eBay, payment must come from a single card.
Updating a saved credit or debit card
You can update your credit or debit card information at any time:
- Go to Personal Information - opens in new window or tab in My eBay.
- Go to the Financial Information section, and select Edit next to the credit or debit card you want to change under Checkout saved payment methods.
- Enter your updated information, and select Continue.
Troubleshooting card payment issues
If you have trouble paying with a credit or debit card, check that the following is true:
- The card details are correct. Make sure that all details, such as the card number, expiration date, and CVV code are entered correctly, and check that the name and billing addresses are exactly as they appear on your card statement.
- The card is not expired and has been activated. Your card will be declined if it is out of date. If you’re using a new card for the first time, make sure it has been activated. If you’re not sure how to activate your card, contact your card issuer.
- You have sufficient funds. If you don’t have enough credit or funds to cover the cost of your order, your payment may be declined. Your payments may also be declined if you’ve reached your daily transaction limit.
- There are no browser issues. You may be using an older web browser that isn’t secure enough for making payments or managing your payment methods. If so, you need to update your browser in order to complete your purchase. See our article on technical issues for more information on keeping your browser up to date.
If these troubleshooting steps don’t resolve your issue, try a different payment method or contact your card provider for further assistance.