If you see a payment pending in your account, it may be because we placed a temporary hold on it.
If you're a new seller who hasn't established a selling record yet, we may put payments from your buyers on hold. You'll become an established seller when:
- It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale
- You've had more than 25 transactions and $250 in sales
We may also place a payment on hold if we find any risk in the transaction, or if your buyer reports an issue, we may place a hold on your payment until the issue is resolved.
You can check the expected date when a payment will be available by going to your Sold - opens in new window or tab history in My eBay, and selecting See payment status. You can also check in the Payments tab - opens in new window or tab in Seller Hub.
Payment holds for established sellers
If you're an established seller, funds will typically appear as Available for payout within 1 business day from the order confirmation, but there are some reasons why your funds could still be placed on hold:
- Your Seller Dashboard rating has been below standard for 90 days
- You've started selling in a new category
- Your account shows unusual activity, such as a sudden increase in eBay Money Back Guarantee cases
- Your buyer opened a request for an item they didn't receive or an item that didn't match the listing description
- You need to add tracking details to an item in order for an eBay Money Back Guarantee case to be resolved
Other reasons eBay may place a hold on funds
We may hold your funds for 21 days if we determine the transaction to be a risk. Category, price, and seller standing can all contribute to this decision. However, this hold will generally only apply to sellers who are already under the Funds Availability program.
You can see the estimated release date of the funds in the Sold section of My eBay - opens in new window or tab.
We recommend sending your items as quickly as possible (with tracking)—you'll keep your customers happy and get the fastest access to your payments.
When funds become available for payout
Here are the time frames when your funds will become available for payout:
- Within 24 hours after we confirm the order was delivered if you pay for shipping and print labels on eBay
- Within 24 hours after we confirm the order was delivered if you ship directly using USPS, UPS or FedEx and manually enter your tracking information to My eBay
- 6 days after the latest estimated delivery date if you don’t upload tracking information, but you mark the item as shipped in My eBay
- 21 days after the buyer pays if you don't provide tracking information, mark the item as shipped, or the estimated delivery date can't be calculated. In such cases, we may use buyer feedback as a delivery confirmation along with other factors
We may also hold funds for 21 days if we determine the transaction to be a risk. Category, price, and seller standing can all contribute to this decision. You can identify this by the estimated release date in the sold section of My eBay.