To help provide a safe experience, we only allow payment methods that offer strong protection for buyers and sellers.
What is the policy?
The following payment methods are not allowed:
- Sending cash through the mail
- Point-to-point cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram
Direct contact information can only be exchanged after eBay checkout is complete. This includes asking buyers to get in touch with details of alternative payment methods.
The following payment methods are offered at eBay checkout:
- PayPal Credit
- Credit card or debit card
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Spendable funds
- Payment upon pickup
- Wire transfer facilitated by eBay (select categories only)
- eBay gift card or eBay voucher or eBay Bucks
Listings in some categories may offer the following additional payment options:
- Bank-to-bank transfers (also known as bank wire transfers and bank cash transfers)
- Money orders
- Online payment services (for example, Escrow.com, Allpay.net, CertaPay, Fiserv, Nochex.com, XOOM)
Available payment options may vary depending on the item price, listing category, and the buyer's device.
Not all payment methods are eligible for coverage under eBay Money Back Guarantee.
Activity on eBay is required to:
- Follow all applicable laws
- Respect the rights of third parties
- Follow the eBay User Agreement
- Follow this eBay policy
If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: administratively ending listings or cancelling transactions, hiding or lowering the placement of listings in search results, lowering seller rating, restricting buying or selling, forfeiture of fees, loss of buyer or seller protections, restricting access to member communication and rating tools, removing feedback, and account suspension.
Visit Seller Help - opens in new window or tab to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps offer safe, simple payment methods, which strongly protect both buyers and sellers.