How to set competitive shipping costs
Tips for competitive shipping charges:
- See what other sellers are charging to ship similar items
- Consider building the price of shipping into the item's price, so you can offer free shipping
- Use our shipping calculator - opens in new window or tab to estimate how much it costs to send your item through various carriers
- See our article on UPS and UPS package types
- Make sure you're allowing for packaging when checking the item's size and weight
- Decide whether you're going to ship internationally, or just within the US
- Managed payments sellers can offer international shipping through GSP, but not through direct shipping
- Think about whether you want to set a fixed shipping charge for all buyers, or use calculated shipping and charge buyers based on their location
When you offer free delivery, you might be eligible for eBay Fast 'N Free.
Our guides below have more information on how you can make your listings more attractive to buyers by offering discounted or combined shipping, as well as details on maximum shipping costs and more.