How to set competitive shipping costs
Here are some tips for when you're setting up your shipping charges:
- Have a look to see what other sellers are charging to ship similar items
- Consider building the price of shipping into the item's price, so you can offer free shipping
- Use our shipping calculator - opens in new window or tab to estimate how much it costs to send your item through various carriers
- See our article on UPS and UPS package types
- Make sure you're allowing for packaging when checking the item's size and weight
- Decide whether you're going to ship internationally, or just within the US
- Think about whether you want to set a fixed shipping charge for all buyers, or use calculated shipping and charge buyers a cost that will vary based on their location
When you offer free delivery, you might be eligible for eBay Fast 'N Free.
Our guides below have more information on how you can make your listings more attractive to buyers by offering discounted or combined shipping, as well as details on maximum shipping costs and more.
Learn how to offer shipping discounts and create promotional shipping rules.
Find out how to combine shipping for customers who buy several of your items.
Learn when and how you can change shipping costs on an item you've already sold.
Find out how much you can charge for shipping in each of our selling categories.