The estimated delivery date shown on your listings is based on the time it takes you to pack and ship items (your handling time), and the delivery or courier services you offer.
Weekend and holiday deliveries
Weekends and holidays aren't included in estimated delivery dates, even though some carriers deliver on weekends.
A buyer may contact you if they specifically need a weekend delivery, or if they want a faster delivery option. If they're willing to pay any difference in cost, it's up to you whether to accept their request or not.
Express delivery on eBay
To appeal to buyers who need items quickly, consider adding express delivery services, such as overnight, next-day, or same-day delivery to your listing.
To offer express delivery:
- Go to the Shipping details section when creating a listing.
- Choose your preferred carrier(s) from the Services dropdown menu.
Always make sure to send your items on time or your late delivery rate may be affected. For more information on how your performance is rated, see our article on Seller levels and performance standards.
Free shipping message
The free shipping message lets buyers know when they can expect to receive their item and that they won’t have to pay for delivery. We’ll automatically add a free shipping message to your listings whenever you meet these requirements:
- Both you and your buyer are located in the 48 contiguous US states
- We can estimate the item's delivery date as 4 business days or less based on your handling time, the delivery service you've offered, your location, and the buyer's delivery address
- You offer free shipping as your first (default) shipping option
- You don't offer local pickup or freight as your first (default) shipping option
- The listing isn't in Classified Ad format
How to qualify for a free shipping message:
- Offer free delivery using a shipping service that will arrive in 4 days or less
- Offer same-day or 1-day handling
- Upload your item's tracking details when using tracked shipping
If eBay determines that your listing qualifies and you meet your handling time, we will remove any negative or neutral feedback left by the buyer regarding late delivery
This late delivery coverage does not protect your late shipment defects, and your listings can be deactivated from the program if they fall below the performance requirements.
On eBay Motors, the free shipping message is only shown in listings in the Parts & Accessories category.