This is to reduce the risk of fraud for both our buyers and the original issuers of the coupon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a limit on how many coupons can sell?
Yes, you can only sell up to $100 or 25 valid, unexpired, original coupons per month.
What kinds of coupons are prohibited on eBay?
You can't sell coupons for free products and all coupons have to be printed on paper, not sent electronically. Be careful not to include pictures or scans of coupons in your listing that could be copied, printed, or redeemed.
Read our full policy
Coupon policy overview
You can sell valid coupons on eBay, but there are a few limitations. Please see the guidelines below to learn more about the limits on the sale of coupons.
Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
What are the guidelines?Allowed
- You may sell up to $100 or 25 valid, unexpired, original coupons per month in the Gift Cards & Coupons > Coupons category. (See additional information below for more guidelines.)
- Multi-quantity listings: You can't sell more than 25 coupons in a single listing. The allowed 25 coupons per month include multi-quantity listings
- Make sure you clearly state in your description how many coupons you're selling. If we can't tell how many coupons are offered, the listing violates our policy
- Coupons for "free" products: You can't sell coupons for "free" products. This restriction includes coupons for free items, or coupons where the coupon holder buys a quantity of items at one price, and receives additional items for free
- Electronic "scanned" coupons: All coupons sold through eBay must be physical coupons printed on paper, not coupons that can be sent electronically to the buyer to be printed. Also, to reduce the potential for coupon fraud, don't include unaltered scans of coupons in their listings that could be copied, printed, and redeemed in stores
Note: The sale of scanned or photocopied coupons may violate federal copyright laws, and sellers of unlawful items like these could face prosecution under federal law. We don't allow the sale of these kinds of coupons
- Coupons for recalled items: Coupons for items that have been recalled can't be listed on eBay
- Recalled coupons: Coupons that have been recalled can't be listed on eBay
- Coupon Inserts: Coupon inserts containing numerous coupons commonly found in Sunday papers or delivered with your mail or to your door
Coupon buyers should note that retailers might refuse to accept coupons that have been obtained in a way that violates the terms on the coupon.
Also, you can't claim that the price of the coupon is based on the value of the labor involved in clipping the coupons instead of the coupons themselves. Under eBay rules, the coupons themselves are the items being sold.
Why does eBay have this policy?
We support the efforts of manufacturers and retailers around the world to reduce fraud in the coupon industry, including coupon counterfeiting and redemption fraud.