You can add videos to your listings free of charge to help showcase items in more detail. Currently, videos are displayed in the image gallery of the listing in the eBay app and the mobile browser.
How to add a video to your listing
You can only add one video per listing, but you can use the same video on multiple listings - you just need to upload it once. There are three ways to add videos to your listings:
- Upload a video using the new listing tool by selecting Add video from the Photos & Video section
- The video should be .mp4 or .mov with a 150MB limit, or about one minute long
- The new listing tool is currently only available to Seller Hub users, but all users will have access eventually
- Integrate directly with the Media API documentation - opens in new window or tab to upload your videos. For detailed instructions on using the Media API to upload videos and adding those videos to your listings, please check our Managing videos documentation - opens in new window or tab
- List items by using certain third party providers - opens in new window or tab. Check with your provider for more information about whether videos are supported, and how to upload and add them to your listings
Adding the same video to multiple listings is easy: you only need to upload the video once and then associate it to different listings.
Tips for creating effective videos
You can use your product video to show off your item's benefits, unique features or even answer frequently asked questions in new ways. Here are a few ideas to inspire your own videos:
- Product instructions/ how-to videos
- Installation guides (such as for Parts & Accessories)
- DIY videos (for example, a woodwork project using a power tool or a recipe using a kitchen appliance)
- Unboxing videos
- Videos that clarify the item condition (for example, showing any scuffs, nicks, or tears)
Your product videos can influence, clarify, and provide extra information for your buyers, but be sure to still include a detailed item description and accurate photos on your listings.
Ideally, videos should be one minute or less and need to comply with the same listing policies as any other content in listings.
Video review and restrictions
Once your video is uploaded, it will be reviewed and posted to your listing within 48 hours. However, it can take up to seven business days to review and post a product video during occasional peak periods. The content you provide must comply with all of our policies. Videos also must be in the language corresponding to the site of the listing. Buyers will be able to view your video after successful review.
Visit our Images, videos and text policy for additional information on applicable policies and common reasons for video rejection.
Video Format Requirements
- The maximum supported video size is 150 MB
- The maximum upload resolution is 1080p
- Supported output resolutions are 240p, 360p, 480p, and 720p
- MP4 file types- MPEG-4 Part 10 or Advanced Video Coding (MPEG-4 AVC)
- Providing links to YouTube or other video platforms is not supported
- Listings with variations do not support videos