How to combine shipping fees on eBay
If a buyer is purchasing multiple items from you, and they haven't already benefited from a shipping discount, they can select Request total from seller in their shopping cart. You can then send them an invoice with the new combined costs if you have combined invoices enabled on your account. Here's how to check:
- On the Combined payments and shipping discounts - opens in new window or tab page, select Create or Edit under Combined payments.
- Select Allow buyers to send one combined payment for all items purchased, if it isn't already selected.
- Choose the time period during which you're willing to combine payment for purchased items and select Save.
You can then issue a combined invoice to your buyer. To do this from My eBay:
- Go to the Sold - opens in new window or tab section.
- Select the items you want to combine into a single invoice.
- Add the new shipping charge.
- From the Actions menu, select Send Invoice.
To issue a combined invoice from Seller Hub:
- Go to Orders - opens in new window or tab.
- Check the box beside any orders that need to be combined.
- Select Send Invoice for any of the orders selected.
Learn more about issuing invoices and combining payments.
If a buyer has already paid for shipping, you can still offer a combined shipping discount by refunding them the difference. Here's how:
- Go to Orders - opens in new window or tab in Seller Hub, or the Sold - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay.
- Choose one of the items that the buyer purchased and select View the PayPal Transaction from the dropdown.
- You will be redirected to PayPal where you can offer a partial refund to the seller for the excess shipping they paid.
If you’re a managed payments seller, you may offer a combined shipping discount prior to the buyer paying by sending them an invoice for the combined shipping costs. If the buyer has already paid, you can send a refund to the buyer from the Orders tab in the Seller Hub.
You can create a shipping label from one order and upload that tracking number for all of the items in the new combined order.
You can create rules to automatically offer shipping discounts to your buyers. Find out how in our Shipping discounts article.