With eBay Guaranteed Delivery, sellers increase their listing visibility and buyers get their items in 3 days or less, guaranteed. Buyers can also narrow down their search results based on how quickly they want an item delivered.
Signing up for Guaranteed Delivery
To take part, you'll need to register for eBay Guaranteed Delivery - opens in new window or tab. If you're eligible, you can choose the items you want to be covered by the program.
How Guaranteed Delivery works
You have a choice between two Guaranteed Delivery options – Handling Time or Door-to-Door. The different options have different requirements and you can select the one best suited to you. Your chosen option will apply to all the listings you add to the program.
If you don't currently qualify, don't worry – we're onboarding sellers in a phased rollout, so we'll send you an email when it's time to get started.
If you choose this option, you're required to offer same-day or one-day handling time. Once you've done that, we'll figure out the delivery date for you.
If the buyer paid for shipping and the item arrives after the guaranteed delivery date, as long as you’ve met your handling time and ensured the package was scanned at the post office or by your carrier, we’ll refund the buyer’s shipping cost or pay for their return label if they no longer want the item.
If shipping was free and the item arrives after the guaranteed delivery date but the buyer wants to keep the item, we’ll send them an eBay voucher. We’ll also handle all customer service queries related to late delivery with this option.
Follow these steps to get your listings set up for the handling time option:
- Set a same-day or one-day handling time on the eligible listings you wish to include in the program.
- State eligible carriers and services in your listings. The listing location must have a ZIP code so eBay can determine the guaranteed delivery date.
- Use our working days calendar - opens in new window or tab to set your business days and same-day handling time cutoffs.
- Use an eBay label to ship your item within the stated handling time.
To qualify for the handling time option, you'll need to:
- Set same- or one-day handling time
- Upload tracking
- State eligible carriers and services - opens in new window or tab in your listings
- Add a listing location and ZIP code
If you choose this option, you must guarantee that the buyer will receive their item by the specified delivery date. It’s also a requirement to use shipping rate tables to show your delivery guarantee by region. Buyers outside the specified regions in your shipping rates tables won't see the listing as guaranteed. You can apply shipping rate tables to your listings one by one, by using bulk editing tools in the Listing tab of Seller Hub - opens in new window or tab, or by applying business policies to your inventory.
If the buyer paid for shipping and the item arrives after the guaranteed delivery date, it’s up to you to provide a refund and return label if they no longer want the item. If the buyer wants to keep the item, you’ll need to refund the shipping cost.
If shipping was free and the item arrives after the guaranteed delivery date but the buyer wants to keep it, we’ll send them an eBay voucher. In all scenarios, we’ll handle the returns and refunds experience for buyers.
Follow these steps to get your listings set up for the door-to-door option:
- Use our rate table - opens in new window or tab to set your shipping costs and speeds by region. Make sure each region for which you want to guarantee delivery has a "delivery speed" of no later than 4 days after payment.
- Associate the listings you want to guarantee to a rate table. When editing your active listings:
- Select flat rate shipping
- Choose Use rate table
- Select the appropriate rate table to associate with the listing
- Ship with an eligible carrier.
- Upload tracking details once your item sells.
To qualify for the door-to-door option, you'll need to:
- Use rate tables - opens in new window or tab
- Associate listings to rate tables
- Use eligible carriers - opens in new window or tab
- Upload tracking
- Deliver on time
For more details on the eBay Guaranteed Delivery program, visit our Seller Center - opens in new window or tab.
Even if you haven't opted in to Guaranteed Delivery, you can still set up your shipping rate tables - opens in new window or tab in My eBay. You specify shipping costs and delivery speeds that you can guarantee by region.