The estimated delivery date shown on your listings is based on the time it takes you to pack and ship items (your handling time), and the delivery or courier services you offer.
If you can guarantee to get your items to a customer's door within 3 days, consider offering eBay Guaranteed Delivery.
Weekend and holiday deliveries
Weekends and holidays aren't included in estimated delivery dates, even though some carriers deliver on weekends.
A buyer may contact you if they specifically need a weekend delivery, or want a faster delivery option. If they're willing to pay any difference in cost, it's up to you whether to accept their request.
Express delivery on eBay
To appeal to buyers who need items quickly, consider adding express delivery services, such as overnight, next-day, or same-day delivery to your listing.
To offer express delivery, go to the Shipping details section when creating a listing, and choose your preferred carrier(s) from the Services dropdown menu.
Always make sure to send your items on time or your late delivery rate may be affected. For more information on how your performance is rated, see our article on Seller levels and performance standards.
Fast 'N Free listings - Now Guaranteed by eBay with seller protection
A great way to stand out and attract buyers is with Fast 'N Free. You don't need to do anything; we'll automatically add the Fast 'N Free logo to your listings with a Guaranteed delivery date, whenever you meet these requirements:
- Both you and your buyer are located in the 48 contiguous US states
- We can estimate the item's delivery date as four business days or less based on your handling time, the delivery service you've offered, your location and the buyer's delivery address
- You offer free shipping as your first (default) shipping option
- You don't offer local pickup or freight as your first (default) shipping option
- The listing isn't in Classified Ad format
If eBay determines that your listing qualifies and you meet your handling time, we will provide the following seller protection:
- If a guaranteed item arrives late, eBay will always make it right for your buyer with one of these options:
- Shipping cost reimbursement
- Voucher for a future eBay purchase
- Free return label if the sellers accepts returns
- eBay will also remove any negative or neutral feedback left by the buyer regarding late delivery
This late delivery coverage does not protect your late shipment defects, and your listings can be deactivated from the program if they fall below the performance requirements.
On eBay Motors, eBay Fast 'N Free is only used for listings in the Parts & Accessories category.
How to qualify for Fast 'N Free
If Fast 'N Free logos aren't showing on your listings, here's a few things you can do to help you qualify:
- Offer free delivery and an expedited delivery option
- Offer same-day, or one-day handling
- Always upload your item's tracking details