To try to prevent potential buyers from being disappointed, we discourage the canceling of bids unless absolutely necessary. However, you can cancel a bid when:
- A buyer requests you cancel their bid and you agree.
- You have to end the listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.
- You made an error in the listing.
- You’re concerned the bid may be from a fraudulent buyer.
How to cancel a bid
If you need to cancel a bid:
- Go to Canceling bids placed on your listing - opens in new window or tab.
- Enter the item number, the username of the member whose bid you’re canceling, and the reason you’re canceling the bid.
- Select cancel bid.
When sellers remove a bid, we call it canceling a bid. When buyers remove a bid, we call it retracting a bid.
Managing who bids on your items
To help your listings sell for the highest price possible, you’ll normally want as many bidders as possible. However, you can set up buyer requirements to control where you’ll send items to, how you’ll accept payments, and whether to accept bids from buyers with poor feedback scores.
In very rare cases you may also want to avoid specific bidders who have a history of not paying, or who have been aggressive or threatening in their communications. You can do this by adding a buyer to your blocked buyer list.