Buyers affected by your requirements can still see your listings, but they won’t be able to bid on or buy your items.
You can set buyer requirements to exclude buyers who:
- Have a delivery address in countries you don’t want to ship to
- Have a history of unpaid items
Even after setting up buyer requirements, you can still allow individual buyers who fall into these categories to buy from you by placing them on your exemption list.
How to exclude shipping locations
You can choose to exclude specific shipping locations (regions, countries, PO boxes) from all your listings by using our Exclude shipping locations page - opens in new window or tab. When you apply your shipping exclusions, we'll block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location you don't ship to. You can change this setting in the Buyer Managament section of your selling preferences.
Here’s how to set up your buyer requirements:
- Go to Buyer Management - opens in new window or tab in Site Preferences.
- Decide which requirements you’d like to apply to your listings, and enter any details requested.
- To have settings apply to all active and future listings, select Apply above settings to active and future listings. Otherwise your settings will apply only to future listings.
- By default, blocked buyers are still able to contact you about your listings. If you don’t want buyers blocked by your requirements to contact you, select Don’t allow blocked buyers to contact you in Site Preferences (they may still be able to get in touch with you if it’s about an existing transaction). Then select Submit.
How to view your Buyer Requirements Activity Log
Your Buyer Requirements Activity Log includes who you blocked, the date they were blocked, and which requirement caused them to be blocked.
To see your Buyer Requirements Activity Log:
- In Site Preferences - opens in new window or tab, find Buyer requirements in the Selling Preferences section.
- Select Show, then Buyer Requirement Activity Log.
How to create exemptions to your buyer requirements
To exempt particular buyers from your requirements, you can add the username to your buyer requirements exemption list.