To make sure eBay is a safe place to buy and sell, sometimes we have to remove listings. We'll only remove a listing for one of the following reasons:
- It violates one of our policies
- It violates a law
- The rights owner of the item requested it be removed
- It's been active on the site for a year or more without any sales
If the rights owner asks us to remove a listing, we'll do so, even if the item is genuine.
Finding more information on why a listing was removed
If we remove your listing, we'll send details about why we did so to your registered email address, as well as to your Messages - opens in new window or tab in My eBay. If you don't see an email from us, check your spam folder.
If you still have questions about why your listing was removed, you can contact us.
Frequently asked questions
Why was my listing removed when similar listings are still active?
If your listing is removed by eBay, you may see similar listings still active on the site. This could be for a few reasons:
- There may be differences between the two listings that aren't obvious
- The other seller may be a rights owner or authorized retailer of the item
- A participant in the VeRO program may have asked us to remove your listing but hasn't requested the other listing be taken down. These types of removals are only done at the request of the VeRO participant, and aren't eBay's decision. Read more about the VeRO Program
- Your listing was reported to us, but the other listing wasn't
If you think another listing violates our policies, please let us know and we'll investigate.
Will my fees be refunded if eBay removed my listing?
If your listing was removed because of a policy violation, we may or may not refund your fees. Our decision depends on the nature of the violation, and whether or not you've violated our policies before.
Can I relist my item?
Even if you think your listing was removed incorrectly, you shouldn't relist without first speaking to us to find out exactly why your listing was removed. Relisting in this case can result in a suspension from eBay, and in some cases legal action. For this reason, the Relist option isn't available for removed listings.
If we agree that your listing was removed in error, you'll be able to relist it – but you'll need to create the listing again from scratch.
If your listing was removed at the request of a rights owner, you should contact them before relisting. You can contact the rights owner using the email address provided in the email you received when your listing was removed.
If your listing was removed because it hadn't had any sales in a year or more, we recommend taking the time to improve it before placing the item back up for sale. Read more about optimizing your listings for Best Match.