When to report an item
How to report an item
You can report an item by following these steps:
- Go to the listing and choose Report item, which you'll find next to the description and shipping and payment options.
- Select the reason from the dropdown menu, then Continue.
- On the next page, fill in any extra information, and select Send.
You can find out what items can't be listed on eBay in our Prohibited items policy.
How and when to report an issue with a seller
You can report an issue with a seller if:
- They offer to sell you a listed item outside of eBay
- You suspect them of shill bidding to increase an item's price
- You don't believe the seller is who they claim to be
- You suspect the seller is under the age of 18
- They sent threatening messages or used abusive or vulgar language
- They published another member's contact information
If you need to report an issue with a seller for any of these reasons, please contact us.