Firearms can't be listed on eBay due to strict federal, state, and international laws banning the sale of these items. Listings for some firearm parts and accessories are allowed as long as sellers follow our guidelines.
What is the policy?
The following are not allowed:
- Firearms of any type
- Parts and accessories for assault weapons, including blueprints and instructions
- Any part or accessory in violation of local law
- Firearm receivers, even if incomplete
- Ammunition for firearms, including bullets, cartridges, casings, shells, and hulls
- The following firearm accessories are not allowed:
- Frames, kits used to create a firearm, flash suppressors, silencers, sears, high capacity magazines that accept more than 10 rounds (even if they have been modified to accept fewer), magazine extenders, bump fire stocks, grenade launchers, and pistol conversion kits
- The following accessories for semiautomatic pistols are not allowed:
- Barrel shrouds, forward pistol grips, and threaded barrels
Listings for firearms parts and accessories that we allow must follow these guidelines:
- The listing must clearly identify the part or accessory being sold as well as the type of firearm it fits ("type" can mean general use and not necessarily brand or manufacturer). For example, "This part can be used with bolt-action rifles."
- The item must be listed on the US site (eBay.com) and offer domestic shipping only
- The item must comply with California state law - opens in new window or tab
Examples of allowed firearm parts and accessories:
- En bloc clips
- Barrels (exceptions: shotgun barrels less than 18 inches and rifle barrels less than 16 inches are prohibited)
- Choke tubes
- Firing pins
- Trigger assemblies
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
We take our role in community safety seriously, and in accordance with government regulations and international laws, we prohibit the sale of certain weapons on eBay.