Listing current catalogs can also make for a bad buyer experience – the items within the catalog complicate our site search, making it harder for buyers to find the items they need. For more details on when catalogs can be listed on eBay, please see our full policy guidelines below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I sell my collectible catalogs?
Yes, you can list old or collectible catalogs, but your listing and product must include the following statement: “You cannot order products from this catalog.”
You can also list other types of catalogs that can't be ordered from, such as auction catalogs from places like Sotheby's or Christie's, that are often used as reference guides.
I'm a rep for a company that sells products directly to consumers. Can I list my catalog?
No. If you're a representative for a company like Avon, Mary Kay, Tupperware or Amway, for example, you can't list your catalog on eBay.
If you're not a company's representative, then you can sell their catalogs, as long as you state in your listing that you're not an agent or reseller of the products shown in the catalog.
In general, you can only list a catalog if you won't benefit from sales of items shown in the catalog.
Read our full policy
Catalogs policy overview
We don't allow listings or products for catalogs that buyers can order from. We do allow sellers to list old and collectible catalogs that can no longer be ordered from.
Make sure your listings and products follow these guidelines. If they don't, they may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
What are the guidelines?Allowed
- An old or collectible catalog that can no longer be used to order items and follows the guidelines below
- Any catalog of any year where the seller specifically states in the listing "You cannot order products from this catalog"
- Any catalog of any year that products can’t be ordered from—for example, a catalog that shows a product line
- Sotheby's, Christie's, and other auction catalogs that are used as a reference, guide, or collectible
- Avon, Tupperware, Mark Kay, and Amway catalogs can be listed as long as the seller indicates in the item description that he or she is not an agent or resellers of these products
- Any other catalog that can be ordered from
Selling old and collectible catalogs
If you list an old or collectible catalog on eBay, be sure you follow these guidelines:
- You can't benefit from any subsequent sales from suppliers in that catalog
- You can't include extensive lists of specific brand names, items, categories or prices in the title or description of the item. This is considered "keyword spamming" and is against our guidelines. Note: Any additional information or categories sellers want to include should be linked to through a "more information" link in the listing. Before adding a "more information" link, please review our links policy
- Old and collectible catalogs can't be combined as a bonus item with any other listing or product
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
Listings that offer catalogs clutter the site, making it harder for buyers to find relevant items and harder for sellers to sell actual items. They also encourage buying and selling outside of eBay, which violates our policies.