While there are some exceptions, listings or item descriptions can't contain links that direct customers to any other site.
What is the policy?
- We don't allow store names to be a web address or include (for example) '.com', '.net', '.org' or '.edu'
- Videos should follow eBay policy, such as adult content or offers to buy or sell outside of eBay, and must be specific to the listing, such as a product review, demonstration or installation video
- Credits for third-party providers are not allowed to link off-eBay or contain external web addresses or contact information, and must follow these guidelines:
- They may contain up to 10 words of text (HTML font size 3) and a logo no larger than 88 x 33 pixels
- The credit or acknowledgement can't contain promotional material and should only identify the specific service provided for the listing
- They can't flash, move, or be animated
- Links in a description are only allowed for the following:
- Other eBay pages (eBay Messages, other eBay items, Stores pages, Follow Seller or Add to my Favorite Sellers)
- Product videos
- Freight shipping services approved by eBay
- Legally required information
- Credit for third-party providers
- A. Duie Pyle
- AAA Cooper Transportation
- ABF Freight
- American Central Transport (ACT)
- Averitt Express
- Central Freight Lines
- Central Transport
- Daylight Transport
- Dayton Freight Lines
- Estes Express Lines
- FedEx Freight
- Holland Freight
- Hunter Logistic Services
- Innovel Solutions Inc.
- NVC Logistics
- Old Dominion Freight Line
- Pilot Freight Services
- PITT OHIO
- R+L Carriers
- Roadrunner Transportation Systems
- RR Donnelley
- Saia LTL Freight
- Southeastern Freight Lines
- STI Freight Management
- Tazmanian Freight Systems
- The Custom Companies
- UPS Freight
- XPO Logistics
- YRC Freight
Activity on eBay is required to:
- Follow all applicable laws
- Respect the rights of third parties
- Follow the eBay User Agreement
- Follow this eBay policy
If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: administratively ending listings or canceling transactions, hiding or lowering the placement of listings in search results, lowering seller rating, restricting buying or selling, forfeiture of fees, loss of buyer or seller protections, restricting access to member communication and rating tools, removing feedback, and account suspension.
Visit Seller Help - opens in new window or tab to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
Limiting the use of links that direct customers away from our site helps protect everyone on eBay from malicious sites and spam. eBay has invested a great amount to attract interested buyers and connect them with great sellers, and this policy also helps buyers transact safely on eBay.