Please read our full policy below for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make sure I'm including a "clear and accurate item location"?
In the item location section of your listing, you should clearly specify the city, state (where applicable) and country where your item is located.
You should also make sure that all the information in your listing matches - for example, any mention of the item location in the item description must be the same as that in the item location field.
Item location policy overview
Sellers must provide information about where their items are located, including the city, state, and country where the items will be shipped from or picked up. This information must be accurate and may not be misleading.
All items located in the United States must include a zip code or use the shipping rate table, unless the item ships using freight shipping, or will ship from multiple locations.
Make sure your listings follow these guidelines. If they don't, some or all of your listings may be ended or not displayed in the eBay search results. You may also be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
What are the guidelines?Required
- Accurate description of the item location, such as "Omaha, Nebraska, United States"
- Valid zip code for items located in the U.S., except when using shipping rate tables, freight shipping, or for items that will be shipped from multiple locations
- Incorrect item location information, such as providing a U.S. item location for an item that will ship from China
- Inaccurate or confusing item locations, such as "Beijing, United Kingdom"
- Information in the item description or other areas of the listing that contradict the item location, such as an item location in the U.S. with a shipping service indicating the item will ship from outside the U.S.
- Different item location and return address location if it would result in higher costs or confusion for buyers
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps buyers to have clear and accurate information about how long it will take for their item to arrive, and how much they will pay for shipping.