Please see our full policy guidelines below for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make sure I'm including a "clear and accurate item location"?
In the item location section of your listing, you should clearly specify the city, state (where applicable) and country that you're selling from.
You should also make sure that all the information in your listing matches – for example, any mention of the item location in the item description, needs to be the same as that in the item location field.
Read our full policy
Item location misrepresentation policy overview
Sellers must be clear and accurate about the location their item will be shipped or picked up from. We don't allow false, inaccurate, vague, or misleading information about the location of an item in the Item location field or description. When listing items for sale, sellers are expected to provide the city, state and country of their item so shipping charges and delivery times can be accurately calculated and communicated to buyers.
Also, if there is a location stated in the item description, it has to match the location in the Item location field.
Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
What are the guidelines?Allowed
- Accurate descriptions (the city and state or city and country match appropriately)
- Hong Kong, China
- Sydney, Australia
- Omaha, Nebraska, United States
- Giving an incorrect item location. For example, indicating that the item is in the U.S. when it is actually being shipped from China
- Inaccurate, vague, or misleading descriptions (the city and state or city and country don't match)
- Beijing, United Kingdom
- Hong Kong, United Kingdom
- Worldwide, Singapore
- Direct from manufacturer to, United States
- Somewhere in Florida, United States
- A location in the item description, if stated, that doesn't match the item location field
- Inconsistencies in return policy versus item location resulting in higher costs or confusion for buyers
Why does eBay have this policy?
Buyers should have complete information about an item's location so that they can be aware of all the costs associated with purchasing the item. The item location must be clear and accurate.
This policy helps avoid any misunderstandings, unexpectedly high shipping costs for buyers, and longer than expected delivery times.