What is the Nissan brand?
First incorporated over 75 years ago, Nissan automobiles are some of the most popular Japanese imports in America, and for good reason. With sporty, sleek lines on some models and family friendly, roomy interiors in others, there’s a Nissan model to suit everyone’s lifestyle. There are a few reasons that Nissan is a good choice, whether you’re buying a family car, commuter car, or sports car.
Why choose a Nissan?
- Safety features. Not only has Nissan received awards for safety ratings, each newer model also comes complete with “Nissan Safety Shield,” a checklist of features committed to keeping you and your family safe.
- Fuel economy. Known as one of the best brands when it comes to fuel economy, Nissan models get great mileage on the highway and off.
- Technology. Whether it’s the Nissan Connect system that drives the GPS, or it’s the Xtronic CVT transmission now installed in every model, Nissan is always on the cutting edge with features.
- Awards. In addition to safety awards, Nissan has also won other numerous awards throughout the years, such as Best Compact Car and Best Value.
What Nissan model is right for me?
There have been many Nissan models throughout the years, but when it comes to models 2010 and newer, it’s easy to narrow down your search if you know what you’re using your vehicle for.
- If you’re in search of a family car: the Nissan Maxima and Sentra models both seat up to five, get great gas mileage, and are long-term, durable models.
- If you want an SUV: the Nissan Pathfinder is a good option, as is the Nissan X-Trail.
- If you’re in the market for a sports car: the Nissan 370Z is a coupe that boasts a 350HP engine.
- If you need a simple and reliable commuter car: the Nissan Juke or Altima are top choices.
What Is Nissan’s history?
Nissan Motors Co. first opened in 1934, and at first, contributed its effort to support the Japanese troops in World War II by building planes, military vehicles, and trucks. In the 1950s, Nissan paired with a UK car manufacturer to create the first Datsun, a precursors to Nissan. In 1959, Nissan introduced a model to U.S. markets, but didn’t gain popularity until the release of the 240Z sports car in 1969. Throughout the 1970's and 1980's, Nissan stayed popular, as the 240Z was one of the most popular sports cars in America.
Where Is Nissan today?
Presently, Nissan is working at building environmentally efficient cars, such as the Nissan Leaf. Over the years, the popular models Altima, Maxima, and Sentra are some of the most popular cars in America. Nissan also still manufactures sports cars, like the 2018 370Z.