With Terapeak Research, you can see how products and categories are performing across all of eBay's marketplaces. Easy-to-understand reports provide an overview of which products and categories are popular, and which strategies are successful in attracting buyers.
For customized and targeted insights about markets you're interested in, simply search by keyword or product, and apply filters such as Listing type, Start price, Buyer country, and Time of day. For additional strategies on gaining market insights with Terapeak Research, visit our Seller Center - opens in new window or tab .
What data does Terapeak give me access to?
Terapeak gives you access to years of real-world sales data for millions of items, including:
- The number of listings and items sold for particular items
- Average sales prices
- The conditions of items sold
- Sell-through rates
- Average shipping costs and the number of listings offering free shipping
- Seller and buyer locations
- Sales trends over time
- Unsold inventory
- Which listing formats sellers are using
Basic, Premium, Anchor or Enterprise Store subscribers can get started free of charge from the Seller Hub Research tab - opens in new window or tab. All other sellers using eBay.com have the option to pay for a yearly or monthly subscription. All you need is a seller account with an automatic payment method on file. Here's how to subscribe:
- Go to your Subscriptions management page - opens in new window or tab in My eBay.
- Beside "Terapeak Research", choose Select and review.
- Choose the payment plan you'd prefer; yearly or monthly subscription.
- Select Submit order.
How do I manage a paid subscription?
You can manage your subscriptions on your Subscription Management page - opens in new window or tab. On this page you'll see your active subscriptions, the date they will renew and your subscription fee.
To change your subscription from Monthly to Yearly or Yearly to Monthly:
- Select Change subscription, underneath "Renewal date".
- The price of the new subscription will be displayed in a new page. Select Submit order if you're happy to proceed.
On the Subscription Management page - opens in new window or tab you’ll now see the price of your new subscription and the date on which you’ll be billed for the change.
To cancel a subscription:
- Select Cancel subscription beside "Renewal date".
- When it asks you to confirm, select Confirm cancellation.
If you need to cancel your subscription, make sure to do so before your next payment date to avoid being charged for a new renewal. If you cancel your yearly subscription or change from a yearly to a monthly subscription after your first 30 days and before your last 30 days of your yearly subscription, you'll be charged an early termination fee. You can find out more in our Terapeak Subscription Terms of Service - opens in new window or tab.
Updating your payment method
You can update your subscription payment method on eBay's Automatic payment method page - opens in new window or tab. Simply enter the details of the credit card or PayPal account you want to use and Save.
If you need more help with a Terapeak billing or subscription issue, see our billing and subscription contact options
How do Tereapeak results differ from eBay completed listings search results?
Terapeak results differ from eBay completed listings search results in several important ways.
- More complete data: Terapeak search results include listings with sales, listings without sales, and active listings. eBay completed listings results include only listings whose outcomes are already known.
- Calculated metrics: Terapeak calculates a broad range of metrics for the results of any search, including average prices, shipping costs and terms, competition levels, sell-through rates, upward or downward trends, and more. eBay completed listings results include only listing-by-listing figures.
- Longer time periods: Terapeak enables users to search time periods of any length, across the last 365 days. eBay completed listings results include only listings that have recently ended.
- Search specificity: Terapeak search results are intended to be highly specific so, in general, a listing or sale will only show in your results if it exactly matches your search keywords and parameters. eBay search results often include other "related" results, particularly if the search that you enter matches few or zero listings or sales.
How do I refine Terapeak Research results?
There are several ways to refine your search results:
- Select a date range: Filter your results by specific date ranges - anywhere from one day to one year in duration
- Apply search filters: Filter results by certain MPN, UPC, EPID, EAN or ISBN codes, sale price ranges, listing formats, item conditions, buyer locations, seller locations, or eBay marketplaces
- Search by category: Filter results by transactions that occurred in a particular eBay category.
- Use advanced search logic or exclusions:
- If you search for multiple words, for example "iPhone XS Max 64GB", you'll see listings with all of these keywords (iPhone + XS + Max + 64GB) in the title.
- You can exclude results by adding "AND NOT" or "-" in front of a keyword. For example: "iPhone XS Max 64GB -cover" will exclude listings that have "cover" in the title.
- If you add "OR" between keywords, for example: iPhone XS MAX AND (64GB OR 256GB), this will show iPhone XS MAX listings with either 64GB OR 256GB in the title.
Why am I unable to view some listings when I select them?
This means the actual listing was removed or made unavailable, either by eBay or the seller.
Does Multi-user Account Access work with Terapeak?
Yes, with Multi-User Account Access (MUAA), you can delegate access to your Terapeak account so that other members can perform certain functions on your behalf. This allows you to scale your business without exposing your password and other personal details associated with the account.
To find out more about delegating and managing access to your Terapeak account see our MUAA FAQs - opens in new window or tab.
To give us feedback on Terapeak, select Comments? from the right hand corner of your Research dashboard - opens in new window or tab .