With listing templates you no longer have to start from scratch every time you list an item. They also help ensure that you give buyers consistent information across all your listings. Once you have set up a template, it’s easy to revise, rename, or delete it.
How to create selling templates
Creating templates in Seller Hub
To create a template:
- Go to Listing templates - opens in new window or tab in Seller Hub and select Create new template.
- Name your template so you’ll remember the type of item it covers.
- Add in the rest of your listing details.
- Preview or Save the template.
You can create up to 50 different templates.
To create a listing from your template:
- Go to Listing templates - opens in new window or tab in Seller Hub.
- Select Create listing from the Actions dropdown menu.
- Create your listing.
From the Actions dropdown you can also edit, delete, and copy your template.
You can use the Catalog template in Selling Manager Pro for items that use ISBN or UPC codes, like books and CDs.
Creating templates in Selling Manager Pro
You can have as many as 20 different listing templates per product in Selling Manager Pro, which allows you to list an item in many different ways. For example, you might sometimes want to sell via auction-style format, instead of fixed price, or be able to vary the duration of your listings.
To create a new template in Selling Manager Pro:
- From Inventory, select the name of a product.
- In Listing Templates, select Create new. Use the business tool to enter the information you’d like in the template.
- Select Save Only or Submit & Save, which lists the item at the same time as creating the template.
You can also create templates from active or pending listings:
- From the Scheduled or Active view, select the listings you want to save as templates. You can save as many as 20 at once.
- Select Save to Inventory.
- Enter a product name and template name.
- Select Product Folder if you want to save the template in a folder.
- To save the template and create a product, select Save to Inventory. You’ll see the new product and template in Inventory view.