You can set up five different types of special offers using Promotions Manager:
- Order discounts: Offer discounts based on order size or the amount spent by a buyer. You can also create promotions such as a percentage off an additional item or a buy-one-get-one-free offer
- Coupons: Offer exclusive discounts to buyers by using a coded coupon
- Shipping discounts: Offer free shipping for a limited period or under certain conditions
- Sale events: Reduce prices for selected items or categories
- Volume pricing discounts: Offer tiered discounts to buyers who purchase multiple quantities of a single item
For items to be eligible for Promotions Manager, your listing must be in fixed-price format with Buy It Now pricing.
Items will appear at the advertised price, and the discount will be applied in your buyer’s shopping cart.
You can access Promotions Manager from the Marketing tab of Seller Hub - opens in new window or tab.
To create a Sale Event in Promotions Manager:
Go to Marketing - opens in new window or tab in Seller Hub.
- Select Promotions on the left side of the page.
- Select Create a promotion.
- Choose Sale event + markdown.
Once you create a sale, you’ll see it on your Seller Hub Promotions dashboard. Here's how to edit a sale:
- Go to Marketing - opens in new window or tab in Seller Hub.
- Select Promotions on the left side of the page.
- Select Edit from the Action dropdown menu next to the sale you want to edit.
Once a sale is active, you can’t change the discount or add new items. You can edit the sale event name, sale event description, change the end date or select a new image directly on the Review and launch page.
To remove items from the sale, select Edit in the Discount type and items section, then select the item(s) you want to remove.
Discover more about Promotions Manager in the Seller Center - opens in new window or tab.
Offering volume pricing discounts
Volume pricing lets you offer discounts to buyers who order multiple quantities of the same listings.
Here’s how to set up volume pricing:
- In Seller Hub, select Promotions from the Marketing tab - opens in new window or tab.
- Select Create a Promotion, and then choose Volume Pricing.
- Name your promotion, choose your pricing tiers, and select Add Inventory.
- You can then select up to 500 individual items or copy and paste up to 500 item IDs or SKUs. (You can also create category rules with price filters, item condition filters, or brand filters or exclude up to 100 items, SKUs, or categories.)
- When you’ve finished, select Save and review to return to the main screen.
- You can edit your inventory by selecting Add or remove rules, save your promotion for later by selecting Save a draft, or choose the date range for when it will be active and then select Launch.
You can create percentage-tiered discounts that your buyers will see in your listing. For example: Buy one T-shirt at full price, buy two T-shirts and save 5%, buy three T-shirts and save 10%, buy four or more T-shirts and save 15%.
You can also create volume pricing from the Seller Hub active listings tab or when listing an item.
eBay store subscribers can create and share their own discount codes for buyers. Here's how to create a coupon:
- Go to the Marketing tab in Seller Hub and select Promotions.
- Select Create a promotion, then Coupons.
- Set the discounts and conditions of your offer and choose eligible items. You can also choose to set a budget and other usage limits for your offer.
- Add an image and a short description for the coupon.
- Schedule your offer or select Start Immediately.
- Review and select Launch coupon.
Store subscribers can also create and share coupons on the eBay app. Here's how:
- Select the menu icon on the home screen.
- Tap Selling, then tap Sold.
- Tap Send coupon or Boost buyer engagement.
- On the Send coupon screen, tap Create coupon.
- Enter the details of your offer, including a description, duration, and image.
- Tap Launch coupon.
When you create coupons on the eBay app, the coupon code needs to be unique across eBay, and your campaign will begin immediately after you launch the coupon.
Here are some benefits of using coupons:
- Send a printed coupon code in your order to encourage repeat purchases
- Offer a discount to customers instead of adjusting the item price
- Control your spend on promotions and protect selling your margins with options like minimum spend, expiry date, and budget
You can stack coupons with markdowns and shipping discounts, however, coupons are not stackable with other promotions such as order discount and volume pricing.
If several promotions are running concurrently on an item, your buyers will get the best discount. If an item has a Best Offer or Offer to buyers, the offer takes priority, and the coupon cannot be applied.
Sharing coded coupons on social media platforms
When you create a new coded coupon, you have the option to share it through the following social media platforms:
When sharing a coupon, you can edit the caption (up to 280 characters), and a link to the coded coupon terms and conditions will always be included.
If you choose to share a coded coupon at a later date, simply select Share from the action list next to each active coupon in Promotions Manager.
The Shipping discount tool on the Seller Hub Marketing tab allows store subscribers to offer time-bound free shipping or conditional free shipping to buyers.
While we recommend offering free shipping, adding a shipping discount could be an option to offer reduced or free shipping at certain times of the year, or when your buyers are buying a number of items.
Here are some benefits of using the new shipping discounts tool:
- Drive sales volume – listings that offer time-bound free shipping and delivery within 1-3 days have a greater chance of visibility on the search results page on ebay.com
- Schedule your promotion – select a start date and end date for your offer. Discounts will only be applied during this time as long as the buyer has started the checkout process
- Set purchase conditions – set your purchase requirements for the promotion such as your minimum purchase amount or quantity