Our live animals policy reflects our commitment to animal welfare and the protection of native, endangered, and threatened species.
What is the policy?
Sellers can only list the following live animals:
- Bees, crickets, and ladybugs
- Domestic (not exotic) aquatic snails
- Fertilized eggs (species must be included in the listing description)
- Live bait such as minnows, shiners, earthworms, and mealworms
- Mice sold specifically as food for pets
- "Stud" services (including but not limited to dogs, cats, horses, sheep, goats, and cattle)
- Tropical fish
Pets and other live animals not included in the list above are not allowed.
Sellers need to ensure that they have the necessary government permits and also guarantee safe, overnight shipping.
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help - opens in new window or tab to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps ensure that important government regulations are followed.