The sale of these items is also subject to government regulation, so it's important to follow the policy guidelines below when you list in this category.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my political memorabilia item is an original or a reproduction?
If you're not sure whether your item is an original, a reproduction or a fantasy piece, we suggest contacting an authentication service to help you evaluate it.
Are there any special requirements for listing items that are a reproduction?
If your item is a reproduction, it should be marked as such in both the item title and description. The date of manufacture should be clear and included in the listing in the same font size as the rest of the description.
You find a full list of guidelines in our policy below.
Read our full policy
Reproduction political memorabilia policy overview
When listing items in political categories, you'll need to follow our guidelines and the U.S. Hobby Protection Act - opens in new window or tab guidelines, which state:
- Political memorabilia reproductions and fantasy items must be clearly marked as such in both the item title and description
- They must also be clearly marked with the date of manufacture
- The font size of the text must be identical to that of the rest of the listing description
- These items must be listed in the Reproductions & Fantasy Items category, which is found under the Collectibles > Historical Memorabilia > Political > US > Reproduction & Fantasy Items category
- This policy applies to all political memorabilia, including buttons, posters, literature, stickers, or other forms of political advertisements and candidate promotions
What are the guidelines?
The following information is meant as guidelines to help you determine if an item is allowed to be sold on eBay.Allowed
- The following items can be listed in the Reproductions & Fantasy Items category:
- Reproduced political pins, such as the American Oil 1972 set or the 1968 Kleenex set
- Fantasy items, such as newly produced political items of past presidents that didn't exist at that time
- Any reproduction that doesn't clearly show the manufacture date
- Fantasy items using copyrighted images not authorized for use by the owner, its agent, or the law
If you need help determining whether your political memorabilia item is an original, a reproduction, or a fantasy piece, we suggest you contact an authentication service.
Why does eBay have this policy?
eBay is always looking for ways to improve the buying and selling experience. As part of this effort, our members must follow all government laws and regulations. Since the sale of political memorabilia is highly regulated, or may cause harm to eBay or our members, we ask that you follow all laws and regulations about such sales.