This policy reflects our commitment to the safety of our members by strictly adhering to government regulations for the sale and transportation of dangerous goods.
What is the policy?
Pesticide products are not allowed on eBay if they are:
- Unregistered, misbranded or restricted-use pesticides under U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations
- Suspended, canceled or banned by federal or state government agencies - opens in new window or tab
- Located outside the U.S.
- Repackaged or in previously opened packaging
- Ineligible for shipment through standard shipping providers
Pesticide products must include an EPA Registration Number in the eBay Item Specific field at the time of listing
- You can find this number on the product package
- The number will follow the phrase “EPA Registration No.” or “EPA Reg. No.”
- Please enter this number exactly as it appears with all dashes and without spaces or punctuation
- For additional information, see the EPA's information on pesticide labels - opens in new window or tab
- Multiple products with different EPA Registration Numbers must be listed separately
Examples of pesticide products that require an EPA registration number in the listing include but are not limited to:
- Flea and tick remedies
- Rodenticides and baits
- Fungicides and herbicides
- Pool chemicals and clarifiers
- Water purification products
- Plant growth regulators
- Sanitizers and disinfectants
- Insecticides, repellents and attractants
- Disinfecting and sanitizing cleaning products
Swimming pool, spa and hot tub chemicals, even those not regulated by the EPA, can only be sold by pre-approved sellers.
Examples of pesticide products that aren’t allowed include:
- Dursban 50W
- Natural fea and tick products
- Rodenticides containing brodifacoum, bromadiolone, difenacoum or difethialone
- Cleaning products that claim to disinfect or sanitize both the skin and any surface
- Defense sprays that reference use for both humans and animals
The buyer must be eligible to purchase the pesticide under federal and state law. The seller is responsible for making sure the product is lawful and safe.
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including, for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
The Pesticides policy helps our buyers and sellers to comply with federal and state government regulations and protects the eBay community from the dangers that these products may pose.