We take great care to protect the health and safety of our members. This policy reflects our commitment to eBay user safety by strictly adhering to government regulations on the sale and transportation of dangerous goods.
What is the policy?
The following are not allowed:
- Items not approved or restricted by state or country government agencies
- Items not in their original, sealed packaging
- Pesticides that have been repackaged, except for collectible packages
- Poisonous or toxic substances that can’t be shipped through standard shipping providers
Examples of not allowed items include:
- Dursban 50 W
- Frontline and Advantage flea and tick medications that are purchased in another country and shipped to the US
For items that are allowed, the buyer must be eligible to purchase the pesticide under federal and state law. The seller is responsible for making sure the listing is lawful and safe. For this reason, if you're listing a pesticide on eBay, you need to include the following statements in your listing:
- I will follow all applicable federal and state laws and regulations and ensure that the buyer satisfies all applicable laws and regulations
- I won't accept bids from, sell to, or ship to states where the pesticide is not registered as a general-use pesticide
We recommend copying and pasting this text directly into your listing. Be sure to use the same font size as the rest of your description.
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including, for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
Because pesticides are potentially dangerous to people, animals and the environment, we have specific rules about selling them on our site.