These items are also highly regulated so please read our detailed guidelines below before creating a listing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I sell expired lottery tickets?
Yes. You can sell expired lottery tickets but your listing must clearly state that the ticket is not redeemable.
Can I sell loyalty or reward codes?
Any product reward code that can be entered into a sweepstakes, raffle, or draw for cash or prizes cannot be listed on eBay. However, you can sell "instant win" coupons for free food or discount coupons, or loyalty or reward codes that can't be used for cash or prize drawings. You should read our policy below for our complete guidelines.
Read our full policy
Lottery tickets and game pieces policy overview
Lottery tickets, fast-food game pieces, and codes and coupons for sweepstakes, raffles, or drawings generally offer a chance to win something.
These items are heavily regulated and laws are different from one state to another. eBay generally doesn't allow the sale of these items, with a few exceptions.
Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
What are the guidelines?
- Expired lottery tickets; the listing must clearly state that the ticket is not redeemable
- Scratch-off lottery tickets if they have already been scratched off
- Scratch-off lottery tickets that have not been scratched off and are expired
- Current, active lottery tickets
- Lottery tickets from a foreign country
Fast food items
- Fast-food game pieces
- "Instant win" coupons for free food or discount coupons
- Loyalty or reward codes that can't be used for cash or prize drawings
- Any product reward code, such as Pepsi Points and Coke Rewards, that can be entered into a sweepstakes, raffle, or drawing for cash or prizes
- Ticket options if the listing states, for example, that buyers have a chance to purchase tickets at face value if a certain team doesn't make it to a specified game
Why does eBay have this policy?
eBay wants its buyers and sellers to enjoy a positive, consistent, and safe place to buy and sell. We urge our members to comply with all governmental laws and regulations.