Frequently Asked Questions
Can I sell an autograph of a famous sports person?
Yes, but you should include a certificate of authenticity in your listing. If the autograph is on an item (like a sports shirt or cap, for example), make sure to include clear pictures of the area where the item is signed.
You'll find more information in our autographed items policy.
Can I sell t-shirts with images of a well-known band?
If the t-shirts are authorized by the band, then yes, you can list them for sale on eBay. However, if the items are unofficial, they can't be sold on our site without the band's permission.
Read our full policy
Faces, names, and signatures policy overview
Sellers aren't allowed to list an item that has an image (such as a photo), likeness (such as a drawing), name, or signature of another person on it unless the product was made or authorized by that person.
Make sure your listings and products follow these guidelines. If they don't, they may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
What are the guidelines?Allowed
- A t-shirt with a picture of a movie star on it that was authorized by that person
- A key chain with an unauthorized picture of a rock star on it (even if the seller took the picture at a concert)
- A scanned copy of an original, signed picture of a baseball player
- A mouse pad with an unauthorized picture of a movie star on it
- A CD containing pictures of a singer taken from various sources on the Internet. (Even if a seller had permission to download the pictures, the seller probably doesn't have the right to sell them.)
- An unauthorized t-shirt with the name of a celebrity on it
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
eBay requires its members to follow all government laws and regulations. Because the sale of items with the image, likeness, name, or signature of another person on them might be prohibited by law, sellers can't list these items on eBay unless the product was made or authorized by that person. This policy helps to protect buyers from purchasing counterfeit or fraudulent items, protect intellectual property rights owners against infringement, and create a safer place to buy and sell.