What is the policy?
- You must follow all government laws relating to ticket resales
- For primary ticket sales, you must clearly state that it is an authorized first sale of the ticket and is directly listed by the artist, team, promoter, or organizer
- Ticket packages must include at least one of the following:
- A backstage pass
- A meeting with the performer
- An "experience" like being a ball boy at a baseball game
- A complete travel package that includes both air transportation and commercial lodging for at least one night
Standards for professional conduct
To promote safe selling of event tickets on eBay and to make sure the sales follow all laws related to tickets sales, we've developed standards for professional conduct for selling tickets on eBay. These standards neither replace nor dismiss eBay's general seller rules and policies, but rather supplement those rules. Sellers need to follow these guidelines when selling tickets on eBay:
- I agree not to sell, trade, produce, or advertise tickets that I do not have in my possession
- I agree not to participate in any way in the advertisement, sale, or trade of any ticket using any deceptive practices including, but not limited to, false or misleading claims of sales scarcity, face value, or current value
- I agree to promptly refund the purchase price for any ticket which has been deemed by the venue to be counterfeit or unacceptable for gaining entry to an event
- I agree to abide by all federal, state, and local laws relating to the tickets sales
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps you follow important government regulations