We don't allow our members to use eBay to encourage or enable others to engage in illegal activity.
What is the policy?
Items or information that might enable or encourage illegal activity are not allowed. Examples include:
- Kill switch-activated electronic devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Items that can enable illegal activity, such as:
- Pill presses, dies, molds or capsule-making machines
- Blank rain checks
- Selling USPS shipping materials
- Products designed to fake the results of drug tests
- Selling votes or ballots
- Surveillance cameras that are marketed or designed to secretly record someone in a bathroom or changing room
- Information on how to use or make illegal drugs, bombs, or explosives
- Lockpicking tutorials
Activity on eBay is required to follow this policy, the eBay User Agreement and all applicable laws, as well as respect the rights of third parties. If it doesn’t, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: Removing the listing or other content, issuing a warning, restricting activity or account suspension.
Visit Seller Help - opens in new window or tab to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps our members comply with government regulations and laws.