The sale of prohibited drugs and drug paraphernalia violates state, federal, and international law, so it's forbidden on eBay.
What is the policy?
The following items are not allowed to be listed on eBay:
- Narcotics, steroids, and other controlled substances (including any substance listed in Schedules I, II, III, VI or V of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. 801 et seq.)
- Items that claim to provide a "legal high"
- Pipes, or any item marketed as for use with marijuana or illegal drugs
- Tobacco pipes, and other smoking accessories not intended for drug use, are allowed
- Vaporizers intended to be used with alcohol, marijuana, or illegal substances
Listings that don't follow these rules may be removed from the site or from search results. Other actions we may take include lowering a seller's rating, charging additional fees, limiting buying and selling privileges, or suspending an account.
Why does eBay have this policy?
To help keep our community safe, we require that eBay users comply with all federal and state laws and regulations when using eBay. Because the sale of controlled substances is illegal, we don't allow sellers to list these products.