While certain types of inactive and collectible cards may be listed and sold on eBay, in order to protect sensitive cardholder information and comply with government regulations, active credit, debit and store cards are not allowed.
What is the policy?
The following types of cards and money orders are not allowed:
- Active credit, debit, or store credit cards, including prepaid credit cards
- Non-embossed bank or store credit cards
- Current and active money orders
- Expired bank and store cards
The following types of cards are allowed:
- Blank plastic cards with or without magnetic strips
Listings that don’t follow these rules may be removed from the site or from search results. Other actions we may take include lowering a seller’s rating, charging additional fees, limiting buying and selling privileges, or suspending an account.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps sellers and buyers follow government regulations while also protecting sensitive cardholder information.