Items sold using a brand name or a brand logo must be original and made by the brand or manufactured on their behalf.
Software, music, movies and other media must be original and not unauthorized copies.
What is the policy?
Counterfeit products are illegal and not allowed on eBay. These items may infringe on someone’s copyright or trademark.
Examples of counterfeit products include:
- A replica handbag, watch or pair of sneakers
- Knockoff electronics, such as headphones or accessories like a charging cable
- An unauthorized reprint of a trading card
- A T-shirt or mug printed with copyrighted images
- Bootleg recordings of a concert or other live shows
- Unauthorized copies of movies, music or software
- Pirated recordings of television shows
- Listings need to follow these guidelines:
- Take original photos that are large and clear, showing multiple angles and all details
- Do not hide or blur logos or any parts of the item
- Do not list an item if you are not certain it is authentic or if an authenticator has been unable to confirm its authenticity
Activity on eBay is required to:
- Follow all applicable laws
- Respect the rights of third parties
- Follow the eBay User Agreement
- Follow this eBay policy
If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: administratively ending listings or canceling transactions, hiding or lowering the placement of listings in search results, lowering seller rating, restricting buying or selling, forfeiture of fees, loss of buyer or seller protections, restricting access to member communication and rating tools, removing feedback, and account suspension.
Visit Seller Help - opens in new window or tab to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy prevents the sale of counterfeit items, which are illegal, and could expose sellers to legal risk. Removing them protects sellers and their buyers from buyer protection claims and financial loss.