Compilations may contain a broad range of informational or media resources such as eBooks, templates, images, screensavers, and any other type of printed information or electronic file.
What is the policy?
- Compilations of information or media must be listed in the Everything Else > Information Products category using the Classified Ad format. This includes a broad range of informational or media resources such as eBooks, templates, images, screensavers, and any other type of printed information or electronic file
- Compilations containing media such as eBooks need to include all titles in the listing
- Compilations aren't allowed when:
- They are included as a "Bonus" in the sale of another product
- They are listed with unrelated keywords meant to unfairly affect search result visibility
- They contain celebrity media, such as photos
Activity on eBay is required to:
- Follow all applicable laws
- Respect the rights of third parties
- Follow the eBay User Agreement
- Follow this eBay policy
If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: administratively ending listings or canceling transactions, hiding or lowering the placement of listings in search results, lowering seller rating, restricting buying or selling, forfeiture of fees, loss of buyer or seller protections, restricting access to member communication and rating tools, removing feedback, and account suspension.
Visit Seller Help - opens in new window or tab to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy ensures that compilations of information are listed in the appropriate category so buyers know what they're buying and can also be confident of their search results.