Everyone registered on eBay has agreed to comply with our User Agreement and all other site policies.
What is the policy?
When using eBay Services, members must:
- Comply with our policies about listing on eBay
- Provide complete and accurate information in their listings
- Avoid relisting items that we removed because they violated a policy
- Avoid providing false or incomplete information to circumvent our policies
- Comply with our policies about what kinds of items can be listed on eBay. Members must not:
- List counterfeit or prohibited items
- List eBay Bucks
- Comply with our policies about how they use their account
- Members must not do anything that might compromise the safety or integrity of the eBay marketplace
- Members must offer retail service levels, and deliver on their service promises
- Buyer claims must be quickly addressed, within eBay specified timeframes
- Members must not create additional accounts to circumvent selling restrictions, buying limits, suspension, or to manipulate any site feature
- Selling an eBay User ID or account without our permission is not allowed
- Scraping or gathering information from eBay to use on another site is not allowed
- Members must not bid on their own items
- Comply with our policies about how they use our site features
- Members should only use eBay site features and processes for their intended purpose
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps us maintain a fair and safe marketplace.