eBay takes the privacy of its members very seriously so, generally, we don’t allow user contact information to be published or displayed on our site.
What is the policy?
Publishing or displaying contact information in a listing without the permission of eBay, or except as required by law, is not allowed. User contact information includes information used to contact another member outside of eBay such as:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Social media ID
- Instant messenger ID
- External website addresses (URLs)
Publishing your own, or another member’s contact information in any public areas, is not allowed. Public areas include places such as:
- Images in a listing
- Online forums
- Profile pages
- Storefront pages
- Board posts
- Feedback comment
- Ask a Seller a Question
- eBay usernames are not considered contact information
- URLs are permitted in the listing title, subtitle, and description if the listing is for the sale of a domain, if the item is to be used on a specific website, or if it is for advertising space on the URL listed
- eBay Store names and URLs are permitted in the item location field
- Links and contact information that facilitate a transaction on eBay are permitted in the following categories:
- Classified Ad format listings
- Real estate
- eBay Motors categories (Boats, Cars & Trucks, Other Vehicles & Trailers, Motorcyles, and Powersports)
- Business & Industrial categories
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy protects the privacy of all members of our community, and protects our users from having their contact information used for fraudulent transactions.