We require all eBay members to provide up-to-date and accurate contact information, including name, address and phone number.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I report someone using false contact information?
To report a member who you suspect is using false contact information, please contact eBay with the member's username or email address.
How do I check to make sure my contact information is up-to-date?
You can check your contact information is up-to-date at any time by going to Account and selecting Personal information - opens in new window or tab.
Read our full policy
False or missing contact information policy overview
eBay members are required to provide accurate contact information such as their name, address, or telephone number when registering on eBay. eBay members are not allowed to use a fax or disconnected number as a telephone number.
Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don't, you may be subject to a range of actions, including restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
What are the guidelines?Allowed
- Providing your correct name, address, and telephone number
- Keeping your contact information up-to-date. You can update your personal information in My eBay - opens in new window or tab and address - opens in new window or tab. Learn more about changing your account information.
- Falsifying or omitting contact information such as a name, address, or telephone number
- Failing to register a contact name along with the business name, for a business account
- Using a fax number as a telephone number
- Using a disconnected telephone number
Why does eBay have this policy?
Buyers and sellers need to be able to communicate with each other. If you provide incorrect contact information, it makes it difficult for your buyer or seller to get in touch with you. This makes it more likely that you'll have problems like unpaid items, eBay Money Back Guarantee cases, and negative feedback.