To help maintain trust in eBay, we have rules to make sure feedback can't be unfairly manipulated.
What is the policy?
Any attempt to manipulate feedback or Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs) is not allowed. This includes:
- Offering to buy, sell, trade, or give away feedback
- Registering multiple accounts or working with others to exchange feedback with the purpose of artificially increasing a feedback score
- Referencing eBay feedback in a listing title or description
- Conducting transactions with the purpose of increasing a feedback score, or to obtain Top Rated Seller status or site privileges
- Manipulating another member's feedback through repeat purchases, or a pattern of leaving positive feedback with consistently low DSRs
- Buying or selling eBay user accounts
Listings that don’t follow these rules may be removed from the site or from search results. Other actions we may take include lowering a seller’s rating, charging additional fees, limiting buying and selling privileges, or suspending an account.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps protect the integrity of the eBay feedback system, and builds trust between buyers and sellers.