Our catalog is an online library of details and images for products across a wide range of categories.
When you list using our catalog, product information like brand, model number, dimensions, color, capacity, compatibilities, and professional photos can be automatically included in your listing.
Adding details from our catalog
Pre-filling your listing with product details and photos from our catalog is easy. To add details:
- Enter the UPC, ISBN, part number or the product name of your item in the listing form - opens in new window or tab.
- If the product is in our catalog you'll see Similar products in our catalog.
- When you find the matching product, select See details to view the item information or choose Select to add the information to your listing.
If you'd like to remove the details, simply uncheck the Prefill this listing with eBay catalog info box at the top of the page.
You can read more about item specifics on our Seller Center page.
If you can't find an item in the catalog, check to make sure your spelling is correct, or try searching with fewer or different words. When you use the product catalog, it's important to select the right item so you don't mislead buyers. If the catalog doesn't have an exact match, you don't need to use it.
If you see an error in our catalog, select the flag icon underneath the product and let us know the issue.
Sharing and using content
The product catalog consists of images and information provided by eBay members and other third parties. To make sure the catalog is accurate and up-to-date, we may add the photos that sellers upload to their listing to represent a product in our catalog. Photos are chosen at our discretion, and photos in every listing are considered for catalog inclusion – you can't selectively choose which photos are considered for inclusion, and there's no guarantee any of your photos will be added.
When you select an item from the catalog, be sure it's an exact match with what you're selling. It's against our search and browse manipulation policy to use catalog details for a product you aren't listing.
- Listing a book with ISBN 123456789 and using catalog information for that ISBN
- Listing a 32GB silver Apple iPhone 5S and using catalog information for the 32GB silver Apple iPhone 5S
- Listing a Sony PS3 and using catalog information for a Sony PS4
- Listing headphones for an iPod and using catalog information for an iPod Shuffle
- Listing a book about the making of the movie Gone with the Wind and using catalog information for a Gone with the Wind DVD
- Listing a CD with UPC 123456789 and using catalog information for a CD that looks similar but has a different UPC
If a listing doesn't follow our guidelines, it may be removed and you could be subject to restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
You can email our Catalog Support team - opens in new window or tab for help or more information.