Here's how to pay for an eBay purchase using a card:
- On the checkout page, choose Credit or debit card, and enter your card details. We secure your card and don't share your card details with the seller.
- Select Remember this card for future orders if you'd like us to save the card details.
- Review your order, including shipping. Then select Confirm and pay.
If you're having an issue paying for your item using a credit or debit card, you may be using an older web browser that isn't secure enough for making payments or managing your payment methods. You'll need to upgrade your browser in order to buy the item.
To update your browser, simply select your browser type below and follow the on-screen instructions:
- Google Chrome - opens in new window or tab
- Firefox - opens in new window or tab
- Microsoft Edge - opens in new window or tab
- Microsoft Internet Explorer - opens in new window or tab
- Opera - opens in new window or tab
- Safari - opens in new window or tab
Updating a saved credit or debit card
You can update your credit or debit card information at any time:
- Go to the Account - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay, then select Personal Information.
- In the Financial Information section, under Checkout saved payment methods, select Edit next to the credit or debit card you want to change.
- Enter your updated information, and select Continue.
Paying with two cards on eBay
When you're buying an item on eBay, payment must come from a single card.
Accepted credit cards
If you're paying with a credit or debit card in eBay checkout, you can use Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, and Amex. Some sellers may decide to accept a more limited selection of cards. The listing will show which payment methods a seller accepts, but contact the seller if you have any questions.