It's free to join, earn, and redeem eBay Bucks. Once you sign up, you'll automatically earn eBay Bucks each time you make a qualifying purchase.
Sign up for eBay Bucks
To join eBay Bucks, all you need to do is go to eBay Bucks - opens in new window or tab and select Sign Up.
Once you’re enrolled in the program, you’ll earn eBay Bucks each time you buy items with the Bucks icon on the listing.
To participate in eBay Bucks, you need to be a resident of the United States or Canada, and your eBay account must not have any holds or suspensions.
Earning eBay Bucks
When you sign up for eBay Bucks and buy an eligible item, you’ll receive a percentage of the qualifying item’s purchase price as an eBay Bucks certificate.
eBay Bucks are collected every 3 months. At the end of each 3-month earning period, we’ll send you an eBay Bucks certificate for the amount of Bucks you earned, which can be used to buy more of the things you love on eBay.
You can earn:
- up to $100 in eBay Bucks per transaction (regardless of how many items are in the transaction)
- up to $500 in eBay Bucks per 3-month earning period
You’ll see the Bucks icon on the listing of qualifying items. You'll earn eBay Bucks for a qualifying item as long as:
- you bid on or bought the item after enrolling in the program
- the listing is on eBay.com or eBay.ca
You won’t be able to earn eBay Bucks for purchases from the following categories:
- eBay Motors (excluding purchases from Parts & Accessories)
- Coins & Paper Money > Bullion
- Real Estate
- eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gift purchases in the Gift Cards & Coupons category
- Business & Industrial > Heavy Equipment
How to redeem eBay Bucks
Once we’ve issued your eBay Bucks certificate, you’ll have 30 days to spend it.
When you find an item you'd like to buy, here’s how to redeem your eBay Bucks certificate:
- Go to checkout.
- Select the checkbox next to your subtotal to apply your eBay Bucks to your purchase.
- Select Confirm and pay.
If your eBay Bucks certificate is not available at checkout, you can still redeem it manually. Here’s how:
- Find your certificate code in the eBay Bucks - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay.
- Continue to checkout - opens in new window or tab to make your purchase.
- Enter your code in the Add coupons box at the bottom of the checkout page.
- Select Apply.
You can’t transfer your eBay Bucks certificate to someone else, and you can’t combine eBay Bucks earned on multiple accounts.
How to leave the eBay Bucks program
To leave the eBay Bucks program, go to the eBay Bucks - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay and select Unenroll from eBay Bucks. You’ll lose any rewards you’ve earned.
How to re-enroll in the eBay Bucks program
You can re-enroll in eBay Bucks - opens in new window or tab at any time. However, any eBay Bucks you earned before you left the program will no longer be available.
You can earn eBay Bucks even faster with Bucks bonus offers. When bonus offers are available, you’ll see them in the eBay Bucks - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay. You’ll also see information about bonus offers when you view and purchase qualifying items.