Choose Distinctive Jewelry From Tiffany's Jean Schlumberger Collection
The late Jean Schlumberger was a jewelry designer most famous for his work with Tiffany & Co. He created an enormous number of ornately designed pieces, many of which you can now find for sale on eBay. Let's take a look at some of them to show you what eBay has to offer.What types of jewelry from Jean Schlumberger does eBay offer?
Schlumberger's work spanned a diverse range of jewelry. He often took his cue from nature, incorporating natural forms and designs in his work. Options include:
- Rings - Among these are pieces like the Jean Schlumberger 16 Stone Diamond Ring, of which several versions exist. You might also find the 18k Pink Sapphire Ring, or enameled rings like the Enamel 18k Gold Ring or the Enamel and Gold Hearts Ring.
- Earrings - Examples of these include the Tiffany 18k Gold Double Woven Love Knot Earrings and the 18k Gold Lapis Lazuli Ball Stud Acorn Earrings.
- Bracelets - Among these are the 18k Gold Enamel and Turquoise Bracelet, as well as other bracelets made of 18k gold and platinum.
- Necklaces - You can find neckwear like the iconic Stars and Moons Necklace, which mimics a constellation of stars with its central 5.29-carat diamond and 586 surrounding diamonds.
- Cufflinks - Schlumberger's Hematite and 14k Gold Acorn Cufflinks set is available on eBay.
Here are some of the materials that go into making Jean Schlumberger jewelry:
- Gold - 18k gold is the metal most typically used in Schlumberger rings, earrings, and bracelets, but you can also find sturdier 14k gold in items like cufflinks and brooches.
- Platinum - There are also platinum versions of Schumberger's iconic rings, earrings, and bracelets.
- Precious stones - Schlumberger pieces include a wide range of precious stones, most often diamonds and sapphires.
In addition to Jean Schlumberger's rings, necklaces, pendants and bracelets, there is also a book for sale on eBay that showcases some of his work called "Jean Schlumberger: The Rachel Lambert Mellon Collection" from the Virginia Museum. This 120-page hardcover book by Kristie Couser presents a catalog of some of Schlumberger's work given to the museum by Mellon, an admirer of Schlumberger's work and a patron of the museum. Some of the pieces displayed in the book were commissioned by Mellon herself and include things that extend beyond conventional jewelry, like cigarette cases and pill boxes, but others are more traditional, like necklaces, rings, and brooches. The book shows Schlumberger's dedication to nature and is a volume that admirers of his work can enjoy.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Tiffany & Co.