iRobot Vacuum Cleaners
The iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaner shoulders some of the housework load by automatically cleaning your carpet and floors. It vacuums up debris, even in hard-to-reach spots like beneath your furniture and along baseboards. The robot navigates around obstacles such as toys and chair legs.
How large of an area can the Roomba cover?
Depending on the model you are using, your robot cleaner can run a total of 60 to 120 minutes on a single charge. Roomba models that do not have the VSLM feature move in a random pattern. Therefore, they cover a compact area on a single charge. According to the company's test lab, a unit with VSLM can clean up to 2,000 square feet on a 120-minute charge.
What features does the Wi-Fi-enabled iRobot have?
You can control most of the Roomba robotic vacuum models remotely with a Wi-Fi connection and your smartphone. The functions the app enables include:
- Set a routine schedule
- Start or stop the unit
- Cancel a scheduled activation
- Monitor/review cleaning cycles
- Install updates automatically
What size is the Roomba's debris cache?
The dirt compartment in this cleaner can typically store more than one session's worth of dust, pet hair, and other detritus. It opens like a drawer, which users say makes emptying quick and easy. The dimensions are approximately:
- Six inches wide
- Three inches deep
- One and one-half inches tall
How does the iRobot mapping function work?
Some of the robot vacuum models rely on built-in camera and computer image processing to map your rooms, enabling systematic and more efficient vacuuming.
- Using snapshots, the robot device gradually creates a map of the room it is cleaning.
- It combines this data with information from its infrared and object sensors to inform its movements.
- Flagship models store the mapping data for future reference.
How does the Roomba work?
The iRobot Roomba is equipped with a laser sensor that directs it around obstacles and walls. It also has sensors on the underside of the device that detect changes in elevation, allowing it to transition from bare floor to carpet. It has beater brushes like a conventional vacuum cleaner to loosen and collect dirt, as well as suction that sweeps the dirt into a storage compartment. Top robot models have a proprietary VSLM feature -- Vision Simultaneous Localization and Mapping -- that takes snapshots as the Roomba works to guide the unit in an efficient path throughout the room. When the iRobot is finished, it stores itself in a recharging station.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by iRobot.
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products. Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about eBay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
- Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
- Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
- Ship it back: You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
- Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
- Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
- Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
- We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
- Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
- Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
- We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.