Rain or Shine, Enjoy Your Game With a Golf Cart Windshield
Golf cart windshields are an essential attribute of a pleasant day on the course because weather is unpredictable and your leisure time can quickly turn from highly gratifying to very uncomfortable. A windshield will keep your belongings and yourself protected, and your ride cozy. Golf cart windshield manufacturers offer a variety of features to best suit your needs and are available on eBay in new and used condition.
Tinting options for your viewing preferences
New and used golf cart windshields are available tinted or clear. On a sunny day, a tinted windshield could make all the difference; but if it is always grey where you golf, opting for a clear windshield might be more appropriate. Clear windshields help give you a complete and unobstructed view, but the tinted ones, even if they are only lightly tinted, can help keep the sun out of your eyes.
Foldable and one-piece options available
You can choose a foldable golf cart windshield if you golf in all seasons. This will give you the advantage of cooling down in hot weather, warming up the cabin in winter, or protecting you from the rain any day. A one-piece windshield will offer just as much protection, but might not allow for as much breeze inside the cart. If your one-piece windshield is tinted, you may not be able to fold it down for nighttime driving.
Which material best suits your needs?
Golf cart windshields mainly come in two different materials, which consist of the following:
- Acrylic: Acrylic windshields are often cheaper and shinier. As acrylic offers less resistance, make sure that the acrylic windshield you choose is shock-resistant. An acrylic windshield’s thickness should be at least 3/16 inches to offer sufficient strength.
- Polycarbonate: Polycarbonate windshields are strong and resistant to impacts. Most golf cart windshield manufacturers will protect polycarbonate windshields with a scratch-resistant coating.
Features to consider when choosing your golf cart windshield
Some of the other factors you might want to consider include the following:
- Vibration-free: Some golf carts are specially designed to not exude vibrations while youre driving.
- Fit: Consider the size you need. Golf cart windshields come in various sizes to fit all types of models.
- Wipers included: Some windshields might come with the wipers included.
- Hardware included: Some windshields come with all the installation hardware included.